Ah, hot chocolate. One of my favorite things to enjoy during the colder months. With fall arriving soon next month, I thought it was only appropriate to share one of my favorite and most used recipes when I’m craving something a little indulgent, but don’t want to sacrifice a clean diet. If you are a frequent visitor of Dunkin’ Donuts, then you might be familiar with their mint hot chocolate. So good….but so so bad. With a medium coming in at 310 calories and a plethora of artificial ingredients, you might want to skip it this year. Here is a clean recipe that I came up with 🙂
- 1 Cup Skim Milk
- 2 Tbsp All-Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2-3 Tsp Stevia in the Raw, Nectresse, or Other Natural Sweetener (You can use Sugar in the Raw but then the recipe will not be sugar free)
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Peppermint Extract
- Whisk all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, pour into your favorite mug and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts: 1 Serving
103 Calories, 1g Fat, 19g Carbs, 12g Sugar, 8g Protein, 130mg Sodium.