So you’ve just finished carving your beautiful masterpiece of pumpkin and now you’re faced with the slimy aftermath- the pulp and the seeds. Don’t throw the seeds away! In about 40 minutes you can have a yummy, crunchy, healthy snack. This is how my mother taught me to roast the seeds and this is how I’ve been doing it since. They’re really a blank canvas for any kind of seasoning you like, but I think they’re best with just a little salt 🙂
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 1-1/2 Cups pumpkin seeds with pulp removed the best you can
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F.
- If you haven’t already, rinse the seeds and rid them of any pulp the best that you can, but don’t worry about not getting every string. They will dry out in the oven and you can break them off afterward.
- Toss the seeds around in a bowl with the olive oil and salt.
- Spread the seeds on a cookie sheet in a single-layer. Roast for about 40 minutes, flipping them over half way through. Keep your eye on them, when they start to turn golden brown they’re ready!
Enjoy and happy fall!