Hello everyone, I hope you’re having a great day! The weather has been a little wacky today here in South Florida. Right now it’s blue skies and sun, but this afternoon we had a crazy thunderstorm. I didn’t mind, to be honest I kind of enjoy them ;p As long as I’m inside of course. Since there wasn’t much to do on today, I resorted to my favorite rainy-day pastime: baking. I remembered we had some overly-ripe bananas in the freezer so that’s when I decided to make these beauties! I took the recipe I usually use for banana bread and made muffins instead.
You Will Need:
- 3 Large Ripe Bananas, Mashed
- 1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 – 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Butter, Melted
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Shelled & Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin pan with 12 paper liners.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a different mixing bowl, mash bananas. Add sugar, butter, egg and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet until combined. Fold in walnuts.
- Fill paper liners 2/3 full. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
I curled up on the couch with one of these & a cup of coffee while I studied. A rainy day well-spent!