Today has been a windy, overcast day here in South Florida. I tend to like days like today, I’m not sure why (well, the fact that the sun isn’t out and beaming on me is certainly a good reason why). The cool wind is always welcomed, too. I wanted to brighten up the day a bit by making a colorful smoothie bowl for lunch. I scoured our fridge/ freezer and this is what I came up with:
Tropical Storm Smoothie Bowl
You Will Need:
- 1/2 Frozen Banana
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Pineapple Chunks
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Strawberries
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Raspberries
- 2/3 Cup Frozen Blueberries
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk (or more if needed)
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Cream
- 2 Tbsp Natural Sweetener (Honey, Agave, Maple Syrup, etc)
- Toppings of Your Choice
- Blend all ingredients except for toppings, until smooth & creamy.
- Pour into bowl/container and pop in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add toppings and enjoy 🙂
Not only is this smoothie bowl sweet and refreshing, it’s packed full of powerful antioxidants. Antioxidants help prevent cell damage by removing waste products in our cells, called free radicals, before they can do harm. If free radicals are left to roam the body, they can potentially cause a wide range of illnesses and chronic diseases. Smoothies/bowls are a delicious way to incorporate antioxidant-rich foods into your diet!