Chocolate & mint is a combination that people either love or hate. I am one of those who love it in any form but especially ice cream. I find it to be a refreshing palette-cleanser after a meal, or a nice cool treat on a hot Summer day. This recipe is perfect for those who love it as much as I do but are trying to stay on track with health and fitness goals.
Creating seemingly indulgent recipes that are actually healthy has quickly become one of my favorite things to do. I’m really enjoying playing around with natural ingredients to create guilt-free versions of some of my favorite sweets 🙂
Vegan Mint Chocolate-Chip Nice Cream
You Will Need:
- 1 14oz Can Coconut Cream (Not Milk)
- 1/2-2/3 Cup Baby Spinach, Fresh (You don’t taste it, just for added nutrients and color)
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Tsp Peppermint Extract
- 3-4 Tbsp Natural Sweetener (Honey, Agave, Maple Syrup, etc)
- 1/2 Cup Dairy-Free/Vegan-Friendly Chocolate Chips
- Blend all ingredients except for chocolate chips in blender until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Transfer to container of your choice. I recommend using a container that is more wide than tall (like a loaf pan). It’ll freeze quicker this way. Freeze for a least 2 hours before serving.
- Top with Coconut Whipped Cream, a few more chocolate chips, & fresh mint leaves.
I hope these recipes help you as much as they help me. Be on the lookout for more!